Sunday, June 22, 2008

"rock of the marne ma'am"

Today has been a very productive day overall. I've gotten our wedding gifts put away and packed up the items it replaced. I also gave away SEVERAL pairs of shoes! And...it doesn't stop there, I also cleaned our entire place, except the master bedroom.

BUT, the highlight of the day was driving onto post at the guarded gate, it's the one that I was NEVER able to go through without being in Mikey's car. However; now I am officially part of the Army. As a wife I have stickers on my windshield that allow me to use THAT gate! Yippee. And, as I showed him my military ID he responded with "Rock of the Marne Ma'am." Wow, that's something they used to only say when Mikey was with me...I'm thinking at this point this is really cool. Then as I drive the speed limit (I don't need a ticket on my first day on post all alone...what would Mikey think!). I passed a MP (phew, passed that test) and found my way to the commissary. I made it - I can now get those great deals on pop without calling Mikey to make sure he gets there before coming home. It was official again! Instead of me rambling on and on I should just stop and say this - I finally felt ownership to being in the Army. I've been left off my leash and Mikey no longer has to hold my hand while on-post.

Phew, now to sit here and watch Lifetime - I need to make sure I catch up on Army Wives so I can really see what they mess up. Mikey always points it out and now the test is on for me...let's see how much knowledge I really have!

Tata for now everyone...thanks for joining!

annie

No comments: