Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My first night alone as a wife

Here I am, alone as a wife. Not because Mikey left me, but his job called and he is on night shift at the tower. (Don't ask what he does because I don't even really understand yet! I'm just glad he is still around some of the time.) So let me tell you my adventures of today - I realize now that I'm a wife I am suffering from short-term memory loss! Here's why - I went to make some noodles for lunch (nothing left in the house) and I left the water boiling and forgot about it until the water was all gone. Mikey was the only reason our house or our pot didn't start on fire. Whew, he's got this husband thing down! Then, as I get done with work I start unpacking, to which I find a disaster from a lotion explosion in the front of one of the suitcases...okay, I should clean that. But instead I decide I'm exhausted and I want to watch a little television. Oops, I fall asleep!

When I awake it shows 8:00 on the clock. I panic and think I should jump in the shower for work...and for some reason I was thinking we had a guest that left and got lost so I grab my phone and start looking through my contacts. I seriously think I lost my mind. I couldn't figure out what was going on, if it was the morning or evening or what I was doing anymore. Finally I got myself together and figured out it was 8 PM and I should just keep working on unpacking, laundry, cleaning and grocery shopping. Out to my adventure of grocery shopping, which for the most part was uneventful. It took my nearly an hour though to get the necessities because I was randomly going all over the store. I just can't get my bearings tonight.

Next stop is home. I get the groceries put away, change a load of laundry and check email again. Doing well - except it hit me that at some point I should go and check on my noodles...yep, I did it again. Only this time I had put the noodles in the water and now they were frying to the bottom of the pan. Wow, I'm batting zero!!! No biggie, I'll just eat noodles that are overcooked enough a 6 month old could eat them. Gross, but I did what I needed. I figured if I went to cook something else I would FOR SURE start this place on fire. But now, as I sit in our backyard I think I've figured out it isn't me just being a bad wife, I'm blaming the full moon!

With that, I think I should go to bed - let's just hope I remember to shut off all things that could burn up and remember to set the alarm! I'd say that now that I just typed it I will for sure remember, but as this day is going it is proving different!

I'm off to bed - with my recent humidity shower from being outside I can only imagine how cute I'll look to Mikey when he gets home!

goodnight, dream sweet everyone.

Annie

No comments: