Tuesday, June 17, 2008

...now what do I do as a Wife?

Well, we made it through the adventure of our wedding weekend and our week of "relaxation." It was all amazing to me, as I walked down the isle and stood in front of everyone at our reception I was overwhelmed by the love in the room. Everyone worries about your stress level, but no one can ever prepare you for the emotions of watching your husband gaze into your eyes with all his love and then to look out to a room of others with tears in their eyes and smiles on their faces...it is all so much to take in and truly touched my heart. We cherished every moment and several times Mikey and I asked each other if we could just put it all into slow motion or pause to absorb it all. I still think the entire weekend hasn't fully hit us yet. I know we didn't get to spend enough time or talk to everyone we wanted to, so let me thank you through this blog and tell you all how special you are.

And now we are back in Savannah, starting to figure out what the role of a wife and a husband is. We are just waiting for something to be SO different - which I'm sure we'll notice in the upcoming days. I suppose being in our own home and really realizing this is the start of "our family" will hit us and we'll transition into our new "roles" quickly. One thing Mikey's already noticed is that it is tougher for him to see me tired or upset because he just wants to make his wife happy - what a sweetie! Little does he know he's always wanted that and he's always done a great job at it.

Now that the planning is all done I'll try to update this more often...thanks again for all of your support. I look forward to the next time we meet up again!

All the love,

Annie

No comments: