Wednesday, September 29, 2010

my life...52 weeks

While I am staring down the upcoming month I really just want to throw myself on the ground, kicking and screaming. You know, just like the 2 year old you see at Target with the embarrassed mom nearby. Yes, I want to throw a tantrum like a toddler. But since that seems to be frowned upon I suppose I won't...well that and because it won't change or help anything.

As I was driving tonight on the familiar roads of the town we now call home, I was thrust into many different emotions. I wanted to get lost, I want to be driving the car and having to look for nearby stores as signals of where to turn. Because if I had to do that, if I was getting lost on these "oh so familiar" roads it would mean that we had a year together. Yes, we have lived that year together. We have made tons of memories, including a couple new additions to our family. No I don't want to go back and "redo" this past year, I just want another year, and another year and another year. But, before we can have that next year we must go through this year. And overall it's okay. I know that I hate it, but I know that I love this timeframe a year from now.

Someone wise once told me, you have to endure the worst to enjoy the best. So I'll do just that. I'll endure this again knowing that in one year it will again be the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are thinking and praying for you guys---we love you and if you need anything let us know
Thank you for everything you do for our country!
Tupas