Friday, October 24, 2008

I miss my honey...

There really isn't a day that goes by where I don't miss my Mikey. But now that I face the reality that being without him every morning when I awake or every supper I eat or even every night when I close my eyes to sleep is tough. Every step I take to making my temporary home in ND reminds me that this is our families reality. My office is looking more like I inhabit it daily and soon I may have an apartment. And I know that Mikey has those same struggles, but he isn't blessed with the "normal" lifestyle I can live in. He doesn't get hugs from those who love and care for him, nor is he able to get any packages from anyone yet. And this, this difference in our lives and knowing that I'm able to live the American lifestyle is what makes this entire situation the toughest. I know he has his own struggles, but this is mine. I want to be the wife that takes care of him and now I really don't know how. So please, keep Mikey in your prayers and thoughts and give him strength to find his way, his comfort for the next 51 Wednesdays.

With that said, I do cherish the quick phone calls where I get to hear his voice and know his daily routine and I relish in his sweet voice messages from before he left and I treasure the email I got because with each of these I know he is doing this because he loves and misses me as well. He doesn't get much time right now to communicate, which makes each piece more precious. I know he wishes he could call or email everyone right now, but his days are long. Please bear with him as he finds his way in how to manage day-to-day life and communication with all of us back home. I don't mean to speak for him (as I know his words would be more eloquent), but I just want to give everyone some insight.

Thank you ALL for your love, support, thoughts and prayers...we are down to 51 Wednesdays and this number will only get smaller.

...love you Mikey!

annie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty GQ picture of Mikey. I'm not sure I would throw that one on the world-wide-web for everyone to gawk at!!! We are thinking of both of you often and keeping you in our prayers...come on Wednesdays!

Love,
Shannon