Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Some "names" have been changed for their protection



















Today was a rough day in our household. It was the day that I had to face the reality that I no longer live in North Dakota. I had to get a GA license and my Jeep (completely throwing a fit about it all day) had to get GA plates. The process went smoothly. I spent about an hour and a half in lines, which meant a lot of fun people watching. I was thankful that I did not have any small children, as the wait was a bit long...but we had air so I couldn't complain much.

I waited for my number to be called (so different then in ND where there are 12 people total in line at the DMV) and went through all of the paperwork to start the process of getting my GA driver's license. Don't worry...I didn't have to take a test...if that would have been the case this blog entry might have been more about the great public transportation system of Savannah! I passed the vision test and had all proper documentation. There was one part that made me feel pretty rebellious though...I got to keep my ND driver's license! Hahahaha - I put one past them. I didn't want it taken away, I just needed to keep it as a keepsake. So, I did my research and found a way...as far as the GA DMV knows...my ND driver's license was lost! (That is until they read this blog)

The second line I had to stand in was the Tag Office line. It took about 20 minutes to get through the line and again the process went smooth. She handed me my GA license plate and I was on my way (of course after paying taxes and registration...ouch). One interesting note...I only have one plate...on the back of my Jeep. But, I can tell my Jeep hasn't accepted being a full GA resident yet, if you look at the front you can still read the numbers of my ND plate from the dirt collected behind the plate. Some day it will understand...I think it just has an issue trying to understand why it can be in full 4-wheel drive use like it did most of the year in ND.

Well, that is all I have for now...I am still always going to call ND home. I am just a resident so I abide by the law, no other reason because I am a "Northern Belle", not a "Southern Belle"


Until next time!

1 comment:

Katie said...

This blog needs a very significant update!!! I am waiting...we need details.