Tuesday, July 3, 2007

lizard...lizard...lizard

...yep, I had my first encounter with the wildlife of Savannah and it wasn't with the Armadillo. Yesterday I was out in our back yard and as I turned to my right there was this lizard, a 12 inch brown, slimmy lizard...just staring at me. I know he was saying "hey lady, what u doin'" I immediately ran inside and was yelling...lizard...lizard...lizard. Mikey and his mom gave me the "are you serious...this is pathetic" look. I told Mikey he had to come and take care of it. So...his solution was to spray it with water so it would come out of its hole. (And at this point he had me convinced there were poisonous lizards, they were the ones with strips on its eyes so I was trying to remember if I saw a strip...very traumatic.) Instead we found ourselves playing a hide and seek game with the lizard.

It was gross, this lizard kept poking its head out and laughing at me. And yep, when if finally ran out of the corner I jumped right up on the table outside. I stood up there and he went right under the table. He knew I was grossed out by him. So, after about 15 minutes (which I felt was a lifetime) we had chased him away.

I am still creeped out by this lizard...I'm sure it is out to get me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really thought the armadillo would get you first...I guess I lost that bet! ;) Hugs, Amber S.