Monday, July 16, 2007

"Clueless"

Mikey is flying tonight, which means I needed to find several ways to keep my mind busy after work. First, I took off to the pool...that only lasted 30 minutes...normally I'd sleep in the sun; however, I was bored and wasn't finding any friends over the age of five at the pool...so I had to call it an early night and leave before they thought I should be behind bars!

So, in a wet suit and curly hair I took off in the Jeep looking for my next adventure. I didn't have a plan, or a map, I just had the desire to find my own way around. I know...asking to get lost...but in reality I was staying on major highways so I knew I'd be okay. My Jeep turned right onto the highway and I found myself heading towards Pooler. I thought maybe I'd find some more shops or a Super Target or some kind of "gold mine" that I've been missing out on. Instead...I found myself in an instant replay of the movie "clueless". (Yeah, it seems this would happen often to me, but not this scene!)

I started to get onto the major Interstate and I didn't think anything of it until I was actually trying to merge onto the Interstate. Immediately I was replaying the "I'm on the Freeway, aghhhh," scene from Clueless. I mean, I'm a fast driver, but I found myself ready to let go of the wheel and scream because I couldn't get going fast enough to merge! Seriously, the speed limit is 65...and to Georgians that means 80 at minimum! I felt like I was the "Sunday cruiser" holding up traffic.

So, after getting on and off the Interstate and finding no fun "new shops" in Pooler I found myself heading home. I guess I'll try again tomorrow while Mikey is flying. Sooner or later I'll either end up completely lost or just more stories!

Until another day...

No comments: