Monday, May 2, 2011

40 sundays

mister truman and miss aubrey are now 9 months old. They seem to be hitting all the milestones, but definitely at their own pace.

Aubrey:
  • has one tooth
  • has darker hair
  • can sit up from laying down (still crazy for me to walk into the room where she was once laying and is sitting up, catches me off guard all the time...especially in her crib!)
  • loves dancing, she gets her whole body into it including her "head jam sessions"
  • enjoys following her brother around the house, but if she gets in front of him he isn't happy and screams until she stops and he can pass.
Truman:
  • has four teeth
  • has very blonde hair
  • hides under the table & waits for his sister to "find" him (he GIGGLES when she gets close)
  • screams loudly waiting for a response from his sister or me, even does this in public (fun!)
  • loves books, especially the ones with daddy's voice - BOTH kids can go from 10 degrees of mad to their biggest smiles as soon as they hear his voice. Life saver for me and precious all at the same time.
Some other changes we've made include new car seats which means no more snapping their buckets into the stroller. It's all about taking them out of their seats and putting them into the stroller which proves to be a bit more difficult overall. First they fall asleep in the car within 5 minutes and I cannot get to a store quick enough to avoid this which means "cat naps" on errand day. Second, I used to be able to let them lounge in their bucket seats when going into a store, event or anything but now they don't tend to want to just sit in their stroller. So I've resorted to treats to entertain them when necessary, and I travel with a lot more toys and gear to "restrain" them when necessary (ie pack-n-play, bumbos, etc). But, we do love our Bob duallie stroller, the kids are traveling in total style - they have shocks to absorb the "rough terrain" and I even had to align the stroller. (there isn't a mechanic who aligns strollers, trust me!) Our house is now decorated with baby gates and no breakables on the ground/baby level. It is official, this home is now all theirs, we just pay the mortgage for them. In addition to their traveling changes now mister truman and miss aubrey have bath time together, they don't seem to ever care that they have to share the space. Doesn't phase them at all, they just do their own thing in the tub. I am sure I am forgetting some new changes, but this is all I can think about now. I'll be sure to add more to other posts as they come to my cluttered mind. Enjoy the pics from this sunday, their personalities really do show up in the pics!

mister truman
"gettin' his flirt on"
miss aubrey


miss aubrey checking the summer fashion trends, she's ALL girl!
...until next sunday,

annie & the mini's

No comments: