Wednesday, August 27, 2008

i've divorced our backyard

Okay, so I am sure you are all wondering what this picture is about...well, if you look close you will see my enemy and yes - this SNAKE is in our backyard! (look really closely into the middle of the picture, you can see his head) Here's the story:

As Mikey was showering I decided to take out the garbage. Which I've gotten completely comfortable doing while the daylight shines on the lawn. As I was approaching the fence I realized there is something that looks like a leaf. So, I approach this "leaf" and get less than 2 feet away and finally realize...ugh...ah...it's a snake! I dropped the garbage and ran inside yelling ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ah, ew, ew. (You get the idea) By the time I get in the door, slamming it shut while watching the ground to assure this snake did not follow me in the house. I went running upstairs to tell Mikey that he had to get out of the shower and get this snake out of our lawn. So, the great husband he is (all while laughing at me) gets out and grabs his robe. But, since I couldn't tell you if it is poisonous or not I told him he had to put his boots on. So, the stud grabs his army boots while wearing his robe and goes to the closet to grab the good ole' hockey stick. There he goes (again I slam the door behind him) - out to battle he is. The whole thing only lasted a minute, but to me it felt like forever. He chased the THREE foot black and green snake out of our lawn and under our fence.

He was a brave man! But no matter what I had the heebie-jeebies for the remainder of the day. And I vowed to Mikey that he will forever be in charge of taking out the garbage, doing all lawn work and grilling. It was great knowing you backyard...we had some great memories, but now I'm done with you! At least until I find this "Snake Away" that Mikey claims exists. Then maybe I'll consider dropping the divorce from our backyard, but until then the front door is the only one I will use, and with caution of course! I am convinced this snake is out to get me.

Wish my hubby luck on putting up with me and my snake fear...and here is my knight in shining armor!

Tata for now!

Annie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the snake fitter outfit!

-natalie

Anonymous said...

I meant fighter - I need another coke!

Shonna said...

RaeAnn-

This is great. I completely agree with you-I hate snakes. I think you should hang onto that picture...your future children will love it.
Shonna Severson

Anonymous said...

All I can do is laugh. And Mr. Mike's choice in snake-wrangling? PRICELESS!

Miss you! Laura

Unknown said...

I love it. So funny and the picture is perfect!