Friday, June 10, 2011

"see ya later" never gets easier



That pit in my stomach made a quick return today after being on "vacation" for the last 15 days. I know that it will stay there, with the same strength every day until our mister is home to give us all hugs. I don't want to dwell on the emotions of the goodbye for long, but I feel the need to share just a bit.

It makes my eyes swell, absolutely overflow with tears when I think of what we had to face this morning. Our family chose this, we will survive this and come out stronger and we are over half-way done with this year apart. Yet, none of that makes this different. Those bits are comforting words, true, but just like any form or depth of grieving no words can make the sharpness of the pain go away. It pains me to look at my mini's and know what they are missing, it makes me choke up to look at my husband and know what he is missing and enduring by missing it. I can't put myself in his shoes, I can only look at it from mine. Sure it may be "trying" some days to raise two kids without your better half, but it isn't because their schedules are demanding, it's because I know he wants to be by my side daily enjoying every second. My eyes will remain heavy today, my heart will ache, those that surround me including my husband will be here for me today and every day moving forward.

We had to say "see ya later" to the man of our house today, but before long we will say hello again but by then I'm hoping his trio will ALL be running towards him without a stroller!


...until the next wednesday mister...we LOVE you!

No comments: