Wednesday, December 24, 2008

this time last year

This time last year I was:
Not married, nor engaged
Celebrating the Christmas season with my boyfriend and family
Constantly hinting and hoping to open a small box with a shiny diamond for my left hand
Participating in the annual tradition of shopping on Christmas eve with my boyfriend
Oblivious to the idea of what a Christmas without my boyfriend would be like
Sharing every memory with my Mikey

This time this year I am:
Giving thanks for all this last year brought
Smiling because I am a wife
Excited to know I am an “in-law”
Praying my husband finds joy in the season no matter how different it is
Reminded about perspective in life
Enjoying the company of many family and friends

I am a blessed wife, daughter, sister and friend. I thank each of you for standing beside, behind or in front of me. Every hand outstretched to me is the best gift to open. We, as a couple, thank every one of you for your continued thoughts, prayers and gifts. Thank you and be sure to snuggle a little closer with your loved ones and kids.


tata for now and Merry Christmas to all!

Annie

No comments: